14 Feb 2012

A Startling Start

Okay kiddos, here's how this is going to work out:

there are two of us and we are going to introduce our cases. We pretty much promise you will have fun with us - if not bursting into spontaneous laughters due to our natural hilariousness, at least you can always laugh at our ridiculous unsuccessful lives. And guess what? We will use differing colours in co-made posts so that you can tell us apart! Talk about some fun!

We are what most people call "single" but what we call "old maids". Single sounds like a choice and having fun. Old maid is a state of mind with certain desperation and the inner knowledge of eventually having one's maiden name carved into the tombstone that will mockingly rest a couple of meters (feet, if you like) above one's corpse.

Here we go.

My name is Miia. You will see it below my texts anyway so there's no point hiding it. I don't need that much privacy anyway. I'm rather going to make this blog so damned great that it would almost qualify as part of my CV one day. At least if I'm ever going to be either a stand up comedienne or a professional whiner (and trust me, if anyone paid me for that stuff, I already would have given up studying).

I just turned 20. I have never had a boyfriend and I will never have one. There is a significant problem out there and it is that I have too high criteria:
1) I want someone I'm interested in
2) I want someone who is interested in me

Those things never seem to coincide. I've admitted it and I hope someday I will learn how to be happy by myself because that is the only way I'm ever going to live my life. For half a year, I tried not dreaming and not admitting to myself that what I wanted was a lovable man to marry and have kids with, but that didn't quite work out, so now I just say to myself, 'hey, i'd like to find my true love and start a family', although I am perfectly aware this will never happen. Delusions of grandeur. Full-time hallucinations. Fine by me.

I live with a roommate I basically never talk to, have a bunch of awesome friends I hardly ever meet, play the altosax out of tune, write fanfiction about absurd things you're happier not to hear of, stay up too late every night, believe in God, study communication, knit loads of woollen socks, hang around my apartment half naked all the time, sing awkwardly loudly, eat unhealthily, look like a Dove model with all my beloved cellulite and unwanted curves, plan to interrail in Romania next summer and every once in a while cry myself to sleep whilst thinking of my miserable and lonely life.

I tell you a secret: I sincerely believe my co-blogger will not be blogging about this subject for too long. She is too awesome to stay single. But I, my dearest - and probably imaginary - readers, will be here with you until the end of time or at least until Blogger will be closed or I die, whichever comes first. Because I'm doomed to be an old maid. And you are to read various post about why this is so and how it feels like.

Now let me just pass the writing turn to DOM's other half. I'm sure she'll write charmingly.


Hullo! This is the mysterious co-blogger writing. Mysterious, because I still want to do my everyday grocery shopping the way I have always done it (you know what it's like to be famous). You can actually call me whatever you like. My co-blogger, for instance, just named me Ling for some incomprehensible reason. So be it... Ling.

Frankly, there's not that much to tell about me. I'm an almost 20-year-old female working around 30 hours weekly and feeling guilty for not having future plans. Roughly said I spent the last 6 months not enjoying life due to a wrong decision I made. It taught me a lot, though. So, dear readers, here is my message for you today: make wrong choices! They make you much better people!
Today I'm enjoying my perfect loneliness and a broken lamp in the fridge because I have no one to fix it for me. Pathetic.

Anyway, if this wasn't a blog about despair, loneliness and sorrow, I would tell you I love people, music, nature, art, travelling, food, good movies, clichés, long conversations and spontaneity, just to mention few. But this IS a blog about despair, loneliness and sorrow. That is, optimism will no longer be seen here unless it's a very special occasion, such as me getting married (not gonna happen) or my precious co-blogger getting married (hopefully not gonna happen, don't you dare leave me alone here). 

I do agree that I'm too awesome to stay single and I do think I would make an outstanding wife (you have no idea what you are losing, lads). Let me tell you more about that later. And yes, all the time I wish I had a reason to leave this blog one day very soon. Blessed be that day of joy and laughter! ( as you can see, dealing with the fact that it will never happen remains problematic...) 


If you didn't notice it yet, today is St Valentine's day - indeed, what a day for creating a blog like this! If you happen to spend it all alone at home weeping, emptiness in your heart only, don't worry. You are not alone. 



Happy fucking Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment